Spring is here, flowers are blooming and the world just feels brighter! It’s a time of growth and renewal. As the days grow longer, our bodies adjust to the seasonal change and you may notice that you are waking earlier. This is a great time to take advantage of it and incorporate a new morning habit. Amazing changes can happen with even the smallest effort – as long as it is regular.
Start with something really simple and do it regularly. Keep a journal or checklist to keep yourself on track.
Here are a few simple ‘under-five-minute’ ideas to inspire you. Pick one, try it everyday for two weeks and let me know how it goes!
- Two minutes of meditation when you first wake up
- One veggie juice daily (use a juicer)
- Jot down three things you are grateful for every day
- Drink a large glass of water every morning
- Five push ups
- Read two pages of a good book
- Write down two positive intentions for the day
- Ten jumping jacks
- Give/receive at least one hug
- Smile or say hello to a new person
- Quick call to a friend or relative
- Park in the farthest spot and walk a little further
- Write down three good things that happened in the day