chocolate-raspberry chia pudding
A friend sent a recipe this morning that inspired me to make this. I have modified the original recipe slightly to make it simpler and even more healthy!
Chia seeds are excellent for making pudding as it provides a natural thickness and tapioca-like texture. Chia seeds have many health benefits which make them an excellent choice as an ingredient for healthy cooking. They are high in omega 3 fatty acids and contain ample amounts of fiber, calcium, protein and antioxidants.
This sugar-free, flour-free dessert is so delicious you won’t notice it’s healthy!
- 3/4 cup milk (cow, goat, almond, hemp, coconut, rice, or water works fine)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- 3.5 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Place the milk, vanilla, cocoa and chia seeds into a bowl. Whisk or blend it with a hand-held blender just until the cocoa blends into the mixture (don’t over blend it)
- Let it sit on the counter for 15 minutes as the pudding begins to thicken then transfer it to the fridge to chill for one hour.
- Remove from fridge, stir the raspberries into the pudding and add some on top as garnish.
Number of servings: 1 (unless you really feel like sharing!)